Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market Analysis Size, Share, Top Key Players, Trend, Growth and forecast 2020-2030
Zika Virus Disease: Introduction
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted primarily by Aedes mosquitoes, which bite during the day. It is also transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person or through an infected pregnant woman to the fetus.
- Symptoms include fever, conjunctivitis, rash, muscle & joint pain, and headache. Symptoms typically last for two to seven days. Most people with Zika virus infection do not develop symptoms.
- Zika virus infection during pregnancy can cause infants to be born with microcephaly and other congenital malformations known as congenital Zika syndrome. Zika virus infection in pregnant women also causes preterm birth and miscarriage.
- Currently, there is no approved-vaccine for treatment for Zika virus. However, major pharmaceutical companies are engaged in the design and development of new vaccines for Zika virus infection. The vaccines will be therapeutic or preventive.
Request Brochure for Report –
Key Drivers of Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market
- Increase in incidence of Zika virus disease in countries such as Brazil, Columbia, and Venezuela is projected to boost the growth of the global Zika virus vaccine market. According to the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Brazil reported 19,020 cases of ZIKV disease in 2018. Of these, 1,379 were laboratory confirmed.
- Rise in investment in research & development by major pharmaceutical companies for developing new vaccines is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market. Additionally, rise in awareness programs and collaboration study for vaccine development with the World Health Organization drives the market. For instance, in 2018–2019, the WHO in collaboration with a working group of independent subject matter experts developed Preferred Product Characteristics (PPC) for a Zika virus vaccine for endemic use.
- Strong product pipeline for Zika virus disease is expected to boost the growth of the global market during the forecast period. Candidates comprise DNA vaccines such as the National Institutes of Health's Zika Virus Vaccine, Inovio's INO-A002, and GeneOne's GLS-5700; Themis Bioscience's recombinant viral vector vaccine; Moderna's mRNA vaccine; Emergent BioSolutions' ZIKV-IG; and Takeda's TAK-426 vaccine.
Preventive Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of application, the global Zika virus vaccine market can be bifurcated into therapeutic and preventive
- The preventive segment accounted for the largest share of the global Zika virus vaccine market in 2019. Increase in usage of Zika virus vaccine for prevention is likely to propel the segment during the forecast period.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Zika Virus Vaccine Market –
Latin America to Dominate Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global Zika virus vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Latin America dominated the global Zika virus vaccine market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in people with Zika virus disease in countries such as Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru, and presence of major players. According to PAHO, countries in Latin America such as Bolivia (1,736), Peru (984), and Colombia (857) reported Zika virus cases in 2018.
- The Zika virus vaccine market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in adoption of new products and rise in patients with Zika virus disease.
Key Players Operating in Global Zika Virus Vaccine Market
The global Zika virus vaccine market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- GeneOne Life Science, Inc.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Immunovaccine, Inc.
- Emergent BioSolutions, Inc.
- Moderna, Inc.
- Themis Bioscience GmbH
Buy Zika Virus Vaccine Market Report –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453