Blood Filters Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Current Demand, and Development Report
Blood Filters Market: Introduction
- Blood filters are filtration systems used to remove microaggregates from the donor blood. These microaggregates consist of platelets, leucocytes, and fibrin aggregates that if left in the donor blood can lead to several complications such as pulmonary microembolism.
- White blood cells (leukocytes) present in donor blood can potentially suppress the recipient’s immune system. A compromised immune system can increase the risk of contracting infections, multiple organ failure, and other complications in post-surgical patients effectively, thereby reducing the patient’s survival rate.
- Moreover, leucocytes also harbor several viruses (such as cytomegalovirus, Human T-cell Lymphotrophic virus and Epstein-Barr virus) and bacteria (including Yersinia), which can significantly diminish prospect of cure for patients with certain malignancies
Request Brochure for Report –
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Blood Filters Market
- Rapid increase in global disease burden and number of trauma cases is rapidly fueling the demand for blood transfusions across the globe. According to various estimates, every 3 seconds, someone in the world requires blood transfusion. Increase in trauma and accident cases worldwide is a major driver for the blood filters market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1.25 million people are killed in road accidents across the globe every year.
- Increase in the geriatric population vulnerable to chronic illnesses is raising the demand for surgical procedures across the world
- Rise in geriatric population and inpatient surgical procedures is also driving the global blood filters market. According to the International Population Report, in 2015, the geriatric population accounted for 8.5% of the world’s total population. The geriatric population is projected to almost double to reach 1.6 billion between 2025 and 2050.
- The number of patients with different chronic diseases is increasing rapidly across the world. This is likely to boost the number of surgical procedures; consequently, propelling the global blood filters market in the near future.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Blood Filters Market –
Surgery to Lead Global Market
- The global blood filters market can be segmented based on material, application, and region
- In terms of material, the global market can be classified into polycarbonate, ABS, polyester, and others. In terms of application, the market can be segmented into blood processing and blood transfusion.
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market for Blood Filters
- The global blood filters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rapid economic development in India, China, Brazil, South Africa, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has increased the healthcare expenditure and affordability for better healthcare products such as blood filters. Increased hospitalization led by rising prevalence of cardiac disorders and increasing prevalence of chronic diseases fueling the number of surgical procedures in the country are major factors that are projected to drive the blood filters market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Blood Filters Market
Leading players operating in the global blood filters market include:
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
- Braile Biomedica
- Chengdu Shuanglu Medical Devices Co., Ltd.
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Haemonetics Corporation
Buy Blood Filters Market Report –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453