(BPT) - The most resounding family memories are not always grounded in long-standing traditions, but often the in-between moments that are imperfect and unexpected. With busy families and kids taking part in after-school activities, everyday moments can get lost in the shuffle. In fact, recent research shows that some instances of family moments, like family dinners, have decreased by 33 percent over the past 20 years, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
At the end of the day, it's important to create memories and spend time with your loved ones. In order to help give crucial time back, Kimberly-Clark has asked online influencers to share how they uniquely create special moments with their families when time can be a large constraint.
Here are seven tips to help families spend more time together.
1. Create a family crest for the front door, with symbols identifying the values you all share. - Jim Higley of Bobblehead Dad
2. Involve the whole family when completing household chores/errands by assigning everyone a role so they feel like they are contributing - no matter what their age. - Janise Burrafato of Mama in Heels
3. Get your children involved in the kitchen: This will help boost self-esteem, offer a chance to connect and have a real conversation with your children, and most of all you are making memories that will last a lifetime. - Yvette Marquez-Sharpnack of Muy Bueno
4. Express appreciation for your family members and tell them frequently that you love them. Small acts of thoughtfulness can also go a long way in strengthening relationships. - Jessica Bailey and Sarah Skaggs of Pretty Providence
5. For older kids, do adventurous things together - like rock climbing. It builds tremendous trust and it's fun. - Jim Higley of Bobblehead Dad
6. Movie nights or dinner on the patio can make any night special. - Meagan Francis of The Happiest Home
7. Enjoy the outdoors together - like picnicking, camping, hiking, and fishing. - Yvette Marquez-Sharpnack of Muy Bueno