(BPT) - Summer and fun - while these words aren't technically synonyms, they probably should be. School is out for the children, you have summer vacation time from work stocked up, and the nice weather across the country is beckoning.
Are you in search of some fun ideas for your summer activities? Check out these family-friendly ideas everyone will love!
* Camp - Sleeping under the stars is just the first great benefit of going on a camping adventure. You can plan plenty of fun and kid-friendly activities to keep you busy all summer long. Hiking, cooking over the campfire, fishing, swimming, catching fireflies, telling ghost stories and toasting marshmallows all add to the fun. Just remember to pack plenty of bug spray and sunblock so your fun doesn't get interrupted by painful or itchy skin.
* Ride the trails - Taking the family for an ATV ride is an adventure all in itself. You get to see the country in a new way, plus you'll have fun trekking across the countryside. If you've never tried off-roading before, the new Polaris ACE gives you the opportunity. The rider sits squarely between all four wheels, providing smooth handling and riding suspension. It also increases confidence, which, when combined with the perfect amount of horsepower, allows novice riders to quickly gain experience. For more experienced riders, there's also a model available with more horsepower so there's options for everyone.
* Develop a family project - It's always fun to spend time together as a family working on a project. Let your imagination run wild and see where it takes you. If you want to explore your creative talents, consider producing a short play or movie. Everyone can get involved in writing the script, the acting, set creation and finding the perfect costumes. Or consider participating in a community service project. Maybe you have an organization close to your heart you could raise money to help support. Ask the organization if there is something your family can help with this summer.
* Road trip - A themed road trip can create a lot of excitement for your family members. For example, maybe you want to create a theme of seeing all the odd tourist attractions like the world's largest ball of twine or the country's biggest collection of autographed baseballs. Perhaps you want to visit as many national parks as you can. Have your children help with the planning and you'll have a very interesting road trip adventure.
* Museums - Make it an educational summer by planning visits to all the museums in the nearest city. Include the local zoos and planted gardens on the list, and you'll be sure to pique the interest of every member of your family. Plan for one family museum visit a month or every other week, and combine it with a family dinner out or a picnic in the park.
You can combine several of these ideas together for even more fun this summer. So whether you go ATV riding and camping, or road tripping and touring museums, you know every member of the family will enjoy the summer activities.