- Deliveries under the agreement commenced in Q1 2015, and will continue in 2016
- Signed in the presence of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing
- Framework agreement includes Nokia Networks 4G TD-LTE technology and wireless network equipment, core solutions, software and services
Beijing, China / CRWEPRESSRELEASE / October 30, 2015 - Nokia Networks and China Mobile have announced a comprehensive framework agreement for mobile communications equipment and services valued at more than one billion USD (930 million euros). The agreement was signed on October 29 by Li Huidi, Executive Vice President at China Mobile, and Hans-Juergen Bill, Executive Vice President at Nokia and also Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nokia Networks GmbH & Co KG in Germany, in the presence of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Under the agreement, Nokia Networks provides its TD-LTE-Advanced technology and 2G/3G/4G core network solutions including Voice over LTE (VoLTE). Software and professional services, including network planning, implementation and care, will support China Mobile's 4G network rollout during 2015 and beyond. The operator plans to deploy one million TD-LTE base stations by the end of the year to build the world's largest TD-LTE network.
Nokia's network infrastructure capabilities and technical expertise will also help China Mobile drive the evolution of China's Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem by offering connectivity for healthcare, connected cars and other IoT applications. In addition, Nokia Networks and China Mobile Research Institute (CMRI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on their strategic cooperation in the evolution and development of 5G.
Mike Wang, President of Greater China, Nokia Networks, said: "This major agreement with China Mobile marks another milestone in our more than 20 years of partnership in the area of telecommunications. Our agreement will further accelerate TD-LTE development in China and around the world. In addition, we are also helping China Mobile to support and promote the use of innovative IoT applications for areas as diverse as healthcare and connected cars."
Recent highlights of the successful co-operation between China Mobile and Nokia Networks:
- Nokia Networks, Shanghai Mobile show world's first TD-LTE-Advanced small cell carrier aggregation in a live operator network
- China Mobile demonstrates 220 Mbps peak data transmission rates based on 3.5 GHz interband TD-LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2015
- Nokia Networks enables China Mobile to support 1 million visitors at Auto Shanghai 2015
- Nokia Networks, China Mobile Shanghai support international sports event in Shanghai with record-breaking 600 simultaneous active TD-LTE users/cell
- Nokia Networks, China Mobile triple TD-LTE throughput using 3 carrier aggregation at Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona
- Nokia Networks, China Mobile and Ooredoo achieve 4.1 Gbps speed with TDD-FDD carrier aggregation
Did you know?
- Nokia's cooperation with China Mobile dates back to 1994 when the company supported China Mobile for China's first GSM (2G) call in Beijing. As a key member of the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) organization, Nokia Networks helped TD-LTE become a global standard. We have established a complete TD-LTE value chain in China, including product design, R&D, testing, manufacturing, procurement, and global sales and marketing.
- As of September 2015, Nokia Networks has more than 50 commercial references on six continents for the delivery of TD-LTE radio technology.
- Web page: TD-LTE
- Blog: Nokia shifts into high gear with evolution of TD-LTE Advanced #MWCS15
- Video: Nokia and China Mobile demonstrating TD-LTE-Advanced 3 carrier aggregation at MWC15
Connect with Nokia Networks:
TAGS: China Mobile, TD-LTE, TD-LTE-Advanced, mobile broadband, Nokia Networks, professional services
By focusing on the human possibilities of technology, Nokia embraces the connected world to help people thrive. Our three businesses are leaders in their fields: Nokia Networks provides broadband infrastructure, software and services; HERE provides mapping, navigation and location intelligence; and Nokia Technologies provides advanced technology development and licensing.
Nokia Networks, which provides broadband infrastructure, software and services, operates at the forefront of our industry. From the first ever call on GSM to the first call on LTE, we have set the pace of innovation, a record that continues with future technologies such as 5G. Together with our operator customers, who serve close to 5 billion subscribers, we are embracing the opportunity of the connected world and helping to solve its challenges.
Phone: +86 10 5896 5204
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
Source: Nokia Network