Reinforces Commitment to the Most Rigorous International Quality Standards
LAKE MARY, Fla., Aug. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO® (NASDAQ:FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, product design, construction BIM/CIM, public safety-forensics and 3D machine vision applications, introduces the new FARO® QuantumM FaroArm®. This addition rounds out the next generation FaroArm® portfolio led by the QuantumS FaroArm®, which was announced August 3, 2017.
The QuantumM includes the same, high performance functionality as its portfolio companion with an accuracy specification that makes it an exceptional mid-market alternative for applications that do not require the high performance specifications of the QuantumS.
Performance and Durability
The QuantumM is certified to ISO 10360 -12:2016, the most rigorous international measurement quality standard in existence and tests to the International Electrical Commission (IEC 60068-2) standards for shock, vibration and temperature stress relief. It also includes the FAROBlu™ Laser Line Probe HD, the next generation of blue line laser technology that enables five times faster scanning than the previous generation, including complex surfaces comprised of dark and reflective materials.
The QuantumM is easy to maneuver as it is 20% lighter in the hand than its predecessors and immediately ready to use as it requires no warm up time. This ensures better productivity in the inspection, design and manufacturing process by enabling operators to work longer and more comfortably.
The QuantumM enables continuous operation anywhere on the factory floor with industrial grade wireless connectivity and dual, hot swappable batteries to support continuous operation anywhere on the factory floor without the need for external power.
"FARO is committed to leading the industry into the next generation as the quality and performance beacon," stated Joseph Arezone Chief Commercial Officer. "As such, we are directing our efforts to assuring that we deliver products that adhere to the most rigorous global quality standards, including ISO 10360 -12:2016 and IEC 60068-2. As standard practice, Arm users going forward should be willing to accept only those products that are subjected to the broadest, most objective and the most challenging quality standards available."
The QuantumM FaroArm® is available for immediate quoting.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016 and Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker™ and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faro-extends-next-generation-faroarm-with-quantum-m-300505926.html
SOURCE FARO Technologies, Inc.
© 2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.