Ritchie Bros. keeps rolling with US$41+ million Rocky Mountain Regional Event
Oct. 6-7 online auction attracted 11,200+ bidders from 62 countries competing for 2,900+ items
DENVER, Oct. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ - Ritchie Bros. regional online auctions keep rolling, with its latest Rocky Mountain event attracting 11,200+ online bidders from 62 countries to compete for 2,900+ items, generating US$41+ million in gross transaction value.
Equipment in the Oct. 6 – 7 auction was stored at Ritchie Bros.' locations in Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and its new local yard in Williston, ND. Approximately 93% of the assets in the auction were sold to U.S. buyers, while the remaining 7% was sold to international buyers from as far away as Honduras, India, and the Netherlands. Leading up to the auction, Ritchie Bros. saw a 96% increase in the number of online equipment views and a 48% increase in watchlist adds in comparison to the previous Rocky Mountain event held in August.
"Our regional auctions continue to attract unprecedented demand, driving great returns for consignors," said Chad Apland, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "These regional events create a lot of hype in the market—sellers want to be a part of something big and buyers love the increased selection. As a result, we once again saw strong pricing across every asset category in our Rocky Mountain auction, with transportation equipment pricing hitting record levels. If you have surplus equipment or trucks, contact us to sell today!"
Five Big Sellers:
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: ROCKY MOUNTAIN REGIONAL (OCTOBER 2021)
Ritchie Bros. will sell more than 35,000 equipment items and trucks in its upcoming events, including an October 26 – 28 auction in Edmonton, AB and a giant crane auction for Sparks Industrial Inc. in Decatur, AL on November 3. The company also has weekly featured online auctions at IronPlanet.com and a daily reserved option with Marketplace-E.
About Ritchie Bros.:
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros.
Company Codes: Toronto:RBA, NYSE:RBA
© 2021 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.