(EMAILWIRE.COM, November 26, 2015 ) Baltimore, MD -- According to The Washington Post, 80% of all overdose victims in Baltimore have been revived by the drug community itself- as opposed to police officers and first responders, who account for the remaining 20% of rescues. The success is attributed to Narcan and Naloxone, opiate antagonists which reduce the nervous system from depression and respiratory failure. Despite the success rate of revivals, the innumerable cases of overdoses underscore an underlying problem of rife untreated substance use disorders.Drug Rehab Baltimore asserts it is not enough to administer Narcan and similar medications without rehabilitation- of which may be compulsory.
An associate of the drug and alcohol detox and rehabilitation center comments, "Narcan is having hundreds of lives, we're seeing that- but when are we going to mobilize our communities to actually fix the problem? Narcan is a wonderful band aid, we don't lose our loved ones to overdoses, but we are still losing them to their physical and psychological diseases- which require treatment to overcome. It's not enough to revive someone and expect them to change their ways- that is almost unheard of. That's a fairy tale. We must live in our reality and construct plans of revitalization.
"Instead of simply sending recovering overdose victims to the hospital- send them to mandatory rehabilitation. It's true, some aren't ready for rehab in the beginning, but in time many take to being clean after the initial withdrawal process. It is almost immoral to allow one to continue down the path of addiction when we have the power to construct resources to better address the issue."
Drug Rehab Baltimore is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center, which also offers detoxification services to the entire state of Maryland. The treatment facility focuses on rehabilitating both the mind and spirit with cognitive behavioral therapy and holistic treatments. Clients attend multiple groups throughout the day and participate in daily yoga and meditation while in detox to allay the physical and mental stressors of the process.
Drug Rehab Baltimore specializes in Heroin rehab in Baltimore. The facility accepts most major forms of insurance. For more information about Drug Rehab Baltimore visit DrugRehabBaltimore.net or call (410)709-3816.
About Drug Rehab Baltimore,:
Drug Rehab Baltimore provides both detox and rehabilitation to residents of Maryland. The center accepts clients with addictions to any addictive substance, and offers partial hospitalization treatment, inpatient, outpatient rehabilitation, and continuing drug counseling.
Drug Rehab Baltimore,
Drug Rehab Baltimore Drug Rehab Baltimore
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.