TACOMA, WA / CRWEPRESSRELEASE / July 21, 2015 /Sound Physicians, a leading hospitalist group focused on driving improvements in quality, satisfaction and financial performance of inpatient healthcare delivery, announced its 2015 Patient Experience (PX) award winners at its eighth annual National Leadership Conference in San Diego, CA.
Sound Physicians’ PX program is designed to give providers the tools and training to empower them to provide superior patient and family experiences through effective communication, genuine empathy and meaningful connections.
“We are incredibly proud of the continued progress our providers demonstrated in improving the patient experience over the past year. Our teams’ ‘PX Champions’ and Hospitalist RNs continue to do tremendous work facilitating a focus on provider communication skills in collaboration with our hospital partners to improve the patient experience,” said Mark Rudolph, MD, SFHM, VP of Physician Development and Patient Experience.
Patient Experience improvement requires that physicians make a career-long commitment to continuous improvement in communication skills. Sound Physicians provides comprehensive training and celebrates its top performing hospitalist teams and providers who have demonstrated leadership and excellence in the critical mission of improving the patient experience with the following PX Awards.
PX Summit Award
Highest Top-Box Scores for HCAHPS “Communications with Doctors”
-1st Place – Hospitalist Team at Community Memorial Health Center, South Hill, VA
- 2nd Place (shared) – Hospitalist Team at Tuality Community Hospital, Hillsboro, OR; Hospitalist Team at Mission Trail Baptist Hospital, San Antonio, TX
- 3rd Place – Hospitalist Team at CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
PX Crossing the Chasm Award
Greatest Improvement in Top-Box Scores for HCAHPS “Communications with Doctors”
-1st Place – Hospitalist Team at Peterson Regional Medical Center, Kerrville, TX
- 2nd Place – Hospitalist Team at Avista Adventist Hospital, Louisville, CO
- 3rd Place – Hospitalist Team at Marquette General Hospital, Marquette, MI
PX Pioneer Award Winners
Superior Leadership in Improving the Patient Experience
-Charlie Charman, MD, Chief Hospitalist at Community Medical Center, Missoula, MT
- Lynn Crocker, DO, Chief Hospitalist at Christus Spohn Shoreline & South Hospitals, Corpus Christi, TX
- HRN, Roxanne Filizetti, RN, at Marquette General Hospital, Marquette, MI