The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced the members of its Advisory Committee on Small and Emerging Companies. The advisory committee was established in 2011 and has been renewed twice for additional terms. The renewed committee will hold its first meeting on Thursday, February 25.
“Small businesses play a crucial role in our nation’s economy,” said SEC Chair Mary Jo White. “The advisory committee members have a wealth of experience and ideas that will help inform the Commission on the many important issues affecting small and emerging businesses.”
Stephen M. Graham, Managing Partner of Fenwick & West LLP’s Seattle office, and Sara Hanks, CEO of CrowdCheck in Alexandria, Virginia, will serve as co-chairs of the committee. Voting members of the committee, in addition to the co-chairs, are:
- Robert Aguilar, CFO and Chief Operating Officer, Cabrera Capital Markets LLC, Chicago
- Xavier Gutierrez, President and Chief Investment Officer, Meruelo Investment Partners, Downey, California
- Brian Hahn, CFO, GlycoMimetics Inc., Rockville, Maryland
- Kyle Hauptman, Executive Director of the Main Street Growth Project, Washington, D.C.
- Jenny Kassan, owner, Jenny Kassan Consulting, Fremont, California
- Catherine V. Mott, founder and CEO, BlueTree Capital Group, Wexford, Pennsylvania
- Jonathan Nelson, founder and CEO, Hackers/Founders, Mountain View, California
- Patrick Reardon, owner, The Reardon Firm, Fort Worth, Texas
- Lisa Shimkat, State Director, America’s Small Business Development Center at Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Tisha R. Tallman, President and CEO, the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta
- Annemarie Tierney, Vice President and Head of Strategy and New Markets, NASDAQ Private Market, New York
- Gregory C. Yadley, Partner, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick LLP, Tampa, Florida
- Laura Yamanaka, President and Co-Founder, teamCFO, Inc., Los Angeles
The committee also will include as non-voting members:
- Michael Pieciak, Deputy Commissioner, Securities Division, State of Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, and Chair of the Corporation Finance Section of the North American Securities Administrators Association
- Mark Walsh, Associate Administrator, Office of Investment and Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration
The appointments to the renewed committee are effective until Sept. 24, 2017.
More information about the advisory committee, including prior committee recommendations, is available at: http://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/acsec.shtml