(BPT) - There's no better way to savor the last few days of warm weather than with a fun trip. As you prepare for family vacations before kids head back to school, it's important to make sure you have the proper essentials to ensure a hassle free trip.
As you throw those last few items in your bag to-go, make sure you don't forget this season's travel essentials:
* Stay protected. Soak up that sun but be safe and put sunblock high on your packing list. Make sure your sunblock is SPF 15 or higher. The SPF multiplies the amount of time it takes you to burn, according to WebMD. So if you typically feel a burn in 10 minutes, you'll extend that time to 150 minutes with SPF 15. However, most people will need to reapply sunblock every two hours. Make sure you pack some.
* Stay connected.This is the perfect time of year to get out and enjoy yourself, but when you do, you want to document the good times and stay connected. TracFone, one of America's leading no-contract cell phone service providers, makes it incredibly easy to stay connected. They have nationwide network coverage, and with the new Bring Your Own Smartphone program, you get coverage on one of the top two 4G LTE networks. So you can easily share photos and videos with friends and family. Simply activate your 4G LTE-compatible or unlocked smartphone by visiting TracFoneBYOP.com.
* Stay informed.Exploring your destination is half the fun, so make sure you plan ahead which activities and sites you'd like to see while in town. Guide books can be very helpful, but don't underestimate the power of a Google search! Bring information and directions in advance so you don't have to waste time deciding what you'd like to do when you're there.
* Stay entertained. The journey there is part of the fun, especially if it's a road trip! So complement your trip with your favorite entertainment options. Grab that book you've been dying to crack open, download your favorite audio book or music playlist, and bring along your favorite games and puzzles to make your journey just as exciting as your destination.
* Stay prepared. If space is a concern, grab items that can handle double duty. Pack that fun sundress that doubles as a beach cover-up, and don't forget the jean jacket that can accent any outfit or keep you warm by the campfire. Pick items that give you great options for multiple events.
The summer season isn't over yet and there's still plenty of time for another trip or two. Pack smart, prepare with the tips above, and you'll be ready for anything.