A successful wedding requires one to prepare a lot. This includes plenty of research for the best venue and caterers. It also includes finding the best wedding dress and making arrangements for a wedding photographer and hairstylist. Bridal jewellery is equally important and requires an equal amount of effort. Buying wedding jewellery is more complicated these days since brides try to match the current trends with the type of attire as well as their preference.
The fact that there are so many choices for wedding jewellery makes this decision tougher. The dress should always come first and while it is important to select the appropriate jewellery, it should enhance the dress. It is beneficial to pick jewellery that is beautiful and keep in mind that opting for lesser but high-quality items often pay off. This article goes on to provide information on the trend in jewellery and factors one should consider when buying bridal jewellery.
Common bridal jewellery trends
The style of jewellery tends to change every alternate year. Brides have the option to pick between vintage jewellery or the current fashion. One of the more popular ones is a cushion-cut diamond in a halo design. Personalised jewellery is also quite popular. There is also the option of keeping it simple with simple line studs and angular pendants. Ring shopping has also evolved now; here are a few tips on the trends in bridal jewellery:
- More people are now opting for unique engagement rings.
- Social media is influencing the decision of people more than earlier.
- More couples tend to design their rings together and believe in buying matching rings.
- More people are opting for alternatives like gemstone and pearl jewellery.
- Pearls have gained a great deal of popularity in recent times in Australia with several firms launching special engagement rings. One of the main reasons for this is the softness of pearls.
- Gems like amethysts, emerald, and aquamarine are also gaining in popularity as is an engagement ring of the birthstone.
- Several couples still tend to prefer the classic round brilliant in a claw setting with pearls. This can be in the shape of a pear, oval, marquee, etc.
- Oval cut diamonds have been in trend for over a year, with the request for 18-carat yellow gold as well.
- When it comes to engagement rings white gold is more popular.
- Fancy colour diamonds tend to be more expensive than other diamonds or gems however, they too are chosen by many.
- The neckline of the dress should influence the type of jewellery as well.
Factors to consider when buying jewellery
Pick a type of jewellery that doesn’t clash with your dress, or overshadow the dress. Selection of the jewellery should always come second to the dress. Gold colour tends to suit ivory or champagne colour gowns while it is advisable to opt for silver when wearing white. On the other hand, it is possible to add more colour to a white gown to ensure the jewellery has a better impact.
Besides considering what you will be wearing, also ensure your hairstyle does not clash with the jewellery you intend to buy. Always keep an eye on the price and remain within a budget when purchasing wedding jewellery. Jewellery is meant to be the finishing touch when designing the perfect bridal look and is meant to work with the dress as well as the hairstyle. This should be chosen to enhance the overall appearance of the bride.