It is said that if you want to taste life, taste wine. The different aromas and flavors add fun, spice, and excitement to life; similar is the effect of wine, the more you smell it, the more you fall in love with it. And to enjoy the experience of having wine in its right way, decanters play an important role. For a novice, they would be thinking, drink it, and get it done. Finding the right decanters is the first step for those who want to take the experience of enjoying wine to the next level.
Drinking wine is like an art; one needs to have the right set of materials to get the best result. The red wine decanter set is the first thing, to begin with. Decanters are large containers that are used for the purpose of decantation. The older the wine gets, the tastier it becomes, and lots of sediments accumulate in the bottle. So, decantation allows two things:
- Aeration: When air can pass through the wine properly, the flavors change and it becomes more aromatic, and these are the two main characteristic features of wine. So, to get the right aroma that fills your soul, proper decantation is required.
- Sedimentation: As the wine ages, sediments start to form which needs to settle down for the best experience. Decantation is required to allow the proper sedimentation.
What Are The Various Decanters Available?
Red wine decanter set are not just any vessels that are used to pour the wine; rather these are the right vessels that allow you to experience the best kind of flavors and aroma which the winemaker has created. Decanters are available in various shapes and each one of them has a unique purpose. The neck of the decanter plays an important role.
- Thin Neck: It is a smart investment choice for those who love old wines as there is a huge chance of pouring out of sediments. A thin neck allows slow pouring while facilitating the detection of sediments at the same time; hence, preventing sediments from pouring in the glass. It is although difficult to clean, that’s why special cleaning equipment is required.
- Thick Neck: It is the best choice for aerating your wine. Wider the neck, more oxygen can be infused in the wine; hence, enhancing its aroma and flavor. It is easy to clean and looks beautiful too.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Red Wine Decanter:
It is especially important to keep a few requirements in check before buying red wine decanter set:
- Purpose: It is the first and the most important consideration before buying a decanter. Amongst the various sizes and shapes available, the one that fits best to your need should be bought.
- Cleaning: Wine leaves stains, and so it is important to clean them properly before putting them into use for next time. It is a hassle to clean the ones with narrow neck. But there are other pretty shapes available as well. So be cautious as to how you plan to clean it.
- Material: There is glass as well crystal decanters available. Although simple glass ones are easy to clean in the dishwasher, the crystal ones look more appealing.
- Price: Budget is an important consideration for every purchase. With so many options and choices available, chose the one which fits best with the need and money you have.
Is Decanter Important?
Everyone has this one question in mind, and the answer is simple. If you are an art lover and enjoy drinking red wine a lot and loves inviting people over to enjoy your collection, then go ahead and buy a red wine decanter set. If you are a novice in the world of wine and wish to have the best experience, then also, you can buy it.
Buying a red wine decanter set is all about choice and preference.