July 22, 2016
Subjects Burglarize FBI Vehicle in Washington, D.C.; Steal Weapons
The FBI’s Washington Field Office is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of stolen weapons. On Sunday, July 10, 2016, between 12:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m., unknown subjects burglarized an FBI special agent’s vehicle and removed a secured gun lock box which contained weapons and other equipment. The vehicle was parked in the H Street Corridor near H and Seventh Streets, N.E., in Washington, D.C. The lock box, which contained the items listed below, was fitted for authorized use in a government vehicle.
- Glock-22 handgun .40 caliber, Serial Number RYE448
- Rock River Arms Rifle, LAR-15, Serial Number CM156996
- Motorola radio APX-7000, Serial Number 655CLT044
- Holster for Glock-22 handgun
- Asp collapsible baton
- Oleoresin capsicum (OC) spray
- Two boxes of .40 caliber ammunition
- Hearing and eye protective gear
- TruckVault gun lock box, black
The FBI, in partnership with the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C., is working to locate these weapons and remove them from the possession of the untrained individuals who may have them.
Area law enforcement agencies were quickly notified of the theft and are providing assistance to the FBI as needed. Anyone with information should call the FBI Washington Field Office at 202-278-2000 or visit tips.fbi.gov. Individuals can remain anonymous.