23rd, April, 2016 - Mumbai, India: Bharatbook.com announces a report on “The U.S. Diet Food Home Delivery Market”. The report covers: nature/structure of the market, key demand factors, pricing, distribution & franchising, how companies are formed and operate, & many more.
This new study examines the $869 million diet food home delivery or “home meal replacement” market in the U.S. This is a niche segment of the overall weight loss market appealing to the most affluent dieters that had grown rapidly until the recession hit. Research for this study was based mainly on primary research involving custom telephone surveys of company management.
Roughly 40 companies compete. Some ship food nationwide while others provide fresh daily delivery to local markets such as New York City and Los Angeles. Profit margins vary greatly.
The study covers: nature/structure of the market, key demand factors, pricing, distribution & franchising, how companies are formed and operate, profitability/expense ratios, customer mix and demographics, market size (2005-2012, 2013 & 2017 forecasts), management outlooks and opinions of market growth and the competition.
Also Included: Complete Status Report of the Total Weight Loss Market, with outlooks for commercial, medical and retail programs, latest dieter trends, major market developments of 2011-2013, financials for the public diet companies, effects of the recession, ranking of top weight loss companies, 1989-2017 Forecasted market size/growth history, and more.
39 Competitor Profiles: NutriSystem, Jenny Direct, Medifast, Diet To Go, 5 Squares, BistroMD, The Fresh Diet, eDiets Meal Delivery, Chefs Diet, Freshology, Sunfare, Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating, HMR At Home, In The Zone, Personal Chef To Go, many more (address, program descriptions, prices, market outlooks, financials when available).
• The average monthly cost of a diet/healthy food home delivery plan is $873.
• Most companies held up well during the recession, and diversified into new markets.
• We expect the market size to grow 4% in 2013 and 5%/year to 2017.
• Most local daily fresh food services serve the LA and NYC markets and don’t generate sales higher than $2-5 million.
• Some services have been around 20+ years but the market took off in 2002-2003.
• 60-70% of customers are female, and clients usually stay on plan 8-12 weeks.
• Several new companies entered the market since 2011, with one obtaining $1 million in investor financing. Franchising usually doesn’t work well in this market.
• Potential clients range from seniors to college students, working Moms, time-pressed executives, celebrities, and yuppies looking for convenience.
For more information kindly visit: https://www.bharatbook.com/food-market-research-reports-83871/the-us-diet-food-home-delivery-market.html
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry analysis, country reports, business reports, newsletters and online databases Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
In case the reports don’t match your requirement then we can do a specialized Custom Research for you. Our multifarious capabilities, cross-sector expertise and detailed knowledge of various markets, put us in a unique position to take up Custom Research demands of yourself.
Contact us at:
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BharatBook3B
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/researchbook
Follow us on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bharat-book-bureau
Our Blog: https://www.bharatbook.com/blog/