Duplex stainless steel is a very valuable metal used all over the world. It gets its title from the fact that it is made of two different grades of metal.
The advantage of combining ferritic and austenitic stainless steel is that the resulting metal has a two-phase metallurgical structure and therefore benefits from the properties of both microstructures.
Due to these properties, a duplex pipe is highly sought after in heavy industries such as chemical and nuclear petroleum and gas processing.
Advantages of duplex
Duplex stainless steel produced by duplex pipe supplier has many advantages, including:
- Strength:Two-phase stainless steel is about twice as strong as regular austenitic or ferritic stainless steel.
- Hardness and Ductility:Duplex stainless steels are not as tactile as austenitic stainless steels, but they outperform the toughness and flexibility of ferritic stainless steels.
- Corrosion resistance:As with all stainless steel, corrosion protection depends primarily on the composition of the stainless steel, with the content of chromium, molybdenum, and nitrogen being the most important. SCC is a type of corrosion that occurs in the presence of a specific set of factors, such as tensile stress, corrosive environment, and sufficiently high temperatures.
- Heat resistance:Duplex stainless steel has higher thermal conductivity and lowers thermal expansion than austenitic steel. Duplex steels are more ductile than ferritic grades at low temperatures, making them easy to use up to at least -50 ° C.
- Cost: Ferritic stainless steels contain less nickel and molly than austenitic stainless steel. This low alloy content means that the cost of duplex stainless steel can be reduced. In addition to this, it is likely to reduce the thickness of duplex stainless steel due to the increased yield strength. The thinness of the product means that it can be significantly lighter.
- Weld ability:Duplex stainless steels tend to be weldable and are not as easily welded as austenitic stainless steels, but all standard welding processes can be used.
The wide range of advantages of duplex stainless steel means that it can be used in a variety of applications, including:
- Chemical treatment, transportation, storage
- Pipeline for oil and gas production and transportation
- Oil and gas exploration and offshore platforms
- Oil and gas refining
- Marine environment
- Contamination prevention device
- Pulp manufacturing
- Chemical process plant
- Structural and mechanical components
- Heat exchanger
- Cooling tube
Duplex 2205 Bolts and nuts suppliers
The name duplex is a derivative of the double microstructure present in these stainless steel alloys. Duplex stainless steel fasteners are preferred because this material exhibits a combination of excellent corrosion resistance, excellent toughness, and very high strength. Ideally, the use of Duplex 2205 Bolts fasteners is useful for applications that require excellent corrosion resistance.
The chemical composition of the alloy is composed of chromium and nickel, which gives duplex stainless steel fasteners excellent resistance to rust, pitting, and crevice corrosion. These products are manufactured by duplex tube suppliers. Also, by including nickel in its chemistry, the alloy can be used at high temperatures.