Thick Film Devices, Processes and Applications Market Size, Share, Analysis, Trend & Forecast 2017-2022
The Global Market for Thick Film Devices increased from $56.8 billion in 2015 to $60.8 billion in 2016. This market is estimated to reach $110.3 billion in 2022 from $66.5 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% for 2017-2022.
- An overview of the global markets for thick film devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022
- Coverage of the various types of thick film devices, focusing on their fabrication technologies and thick film compositions
- Information on the existing fields of application for thick film devices and investigation of emerging applications
- Analysis of the most significant technological developments along with growth forecasts
- Relevant patent analysis
- Company profiles of major players in the field
Request a free sample copy of Thick Film Devices, Processes and Applications Market Report @ https://www.bharatbook.com/request-sample/651032
Study Goals and Objectives
Although the origin of thick film technology dates back more than 3,000 years, the application of thick film processes to the manufacturing of advanced devices dates back only a century. After World War II, the market for these devices has grown rapidly and today it represents a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Our Research has been tracking the thick film device market since 2001. During the past 16 years this market has expanded at a very healthy rate, with a CAGR of approximately 10%, driven by applications in fields such as electronics, optoelectronics, energy and instrumentation.
The main goal of this report is to provide a current and detailed assessment of the market for thick film devices, including an objective analysis of industry and technological trends, and prospects for future growth. In addition, an updated review of the most important advancements in thick film technology is offered, with a focus on those technologies that will contribute to market growth during the next five years.
Specifically, the major objectives of this study are to:
- Provide an updated review of the various types of thick film devices, focusing on their fabrication technologies and thick film compositions.
- Discuss the most advanced processes employed for thick film deposition.
- Highlight new technological developments during the past three years, while outlining current technical issues.
- Review existing fields of application for thick film devices and examine emerging applications.
- Estimate global markets for thick film devices by product category, type, application, and region, with growth forecasts through 2022 for each market segment.
- Identify important technology and industry trends within each market segment.
- Offer an updated review of current industry players, including manufacturers of thick film devices, equipment suppliers, technology developers, and future market participants.
- Provide a description of the most relevant research and development activities.
- Determine trends in recently issued U.S. patents.
Reasons for Doing This Study
In the last century, thick film technology has been adopted in the fabrication process of various types of advanced devices. In particular, during the last 60 years, thick film processes have played an important role in the miniaturization of electronic components and systems. In fact, compared to other film production processes, thick film technology allows the deposition of relatively thin coatings and layers (5 to 25 microns) at low cost, with equipment that is easy to maintain and operate, and with processes that can be easily adapted for mass production.
On-going miniaturization trends favor the fabrication of very thin films measurable in submicron sizes, or even in nanometers and angstroms, which are mostly produced by vacuum-based methods. However, thick film technologies remain popular. They are very common processes used for manufacturing devices such as capacitors, resistors, hybrid circuits, and solar cells.
Since the last report published by Our Research about this topic in 2009, thick film devices and their fabrication technologies have continued to evolve. In addition, several new applications have emerged representing fast growing markets for these products.
The principal reason for doing this study is to present a current assessment of the thick film industry from both a technological and market point of view, and to outline future trends and key developments.
There is also a need to evaluate the current status and future trends of the thick film industry from a global standpoint. As the use of thick film devices expands and new fields of application emerge, information on the suppliers and developers of these products and their regional distribution becomes more valuable.
An equally important reason for undertaking this study is to provide technical insights into the manufacturing of thick film devices by:
- Providing a review of materials, production methods, and applications.
- Identifying current technological trends.
- Providing an overview of the main global R&D activities related to thick film devices, resulting in the issuance of patents.
- Illustrating the latest technological developments.
This information can assist companies in identifying opportunities for process and productivity improvements and new product development, resulting in a positive impact on future market growth.
This study will be of primary interest to all organizations that:
- Manufacture, sell, and distribute thick film devices.
- Produce pastes, inks, powders, and other materials for thick film device fabrication.
- Manufacture processing and characterization equipment utilized by producers of thick film devices.
- Fabricate and supply electronic, display, sensors, and energy devices.
- Provide technical and/or marketing services for the thick film industry.
- Are planning to enter the thick film industry as a supplier, manufacturer, service provider, or end-user.
Overall, this study applies to industry sectors such as electronics, mechanical, chemical, energy, display, sensors, medical, industrial, consumer, and the general coating sector.
The study is mainly directed toward executives, directors, operations managers, sales and marketing managers, and strategic planners working within the above industries. Universities and research facilities may also find this study to be a good source of technical information regarding thick film technology, materials, and applications, which can be used as a baseline for new or expanded R&D activities. Librarians of technical information and research centers can also use this report to provide critical data to product managers, market analysts, researchers, and other professionals needing detailed and updated insights into the thick film industry.
Scope of Report
This report provides an updated review of various types of thick film devices and their fabrication processes, and identifies current and emerging applications for these products.
Our Research delineates the current market status for thick film devices, defines trends, and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The thick film device market is analyzed based on the following segments: device category, type, application, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest process developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by Our Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of thick film devices are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for thick film devices are also identified and grouped according to four main categories (electronics, optoelectronics, energy, and sensors and actuators).
The second section provides a technological review of thick film devices. This section offers a revised and detailed description of thick film device fabrication processes; advantages and disadvantages of each method; typical materials used to produce thick films; technological trends in device fabrication; and new and emerging fabrication methods. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2015, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for, as well as highlighting the most active research organizations operating in this field.
The third section entails a global market analysis for thick film devices. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (device category, type, application, and region), with actual data referring to the years 2015 and 2016, and estimates for 2017.
The analysis of current revenues for thick film devices is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, and industry and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for thick film devices within each segment, together with forecast compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2017 through 2022.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading suppliers of thick film devices, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to thick film devices, fabrication methods, and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, and device type.
Methodology and Information Sources
To analyze the overall market and market segments, both primary and secondary research methodologies were used to obtain market data.
The technology section of this report is based on information derived from technical literature, related
Our Research reports, professional journals, the author’s field experience, and online sources.
Global market analysis was performed by a thorough investigation of manufacturers of thick film devices, providers of equipment, materials, and services for their fabrication, users of thick film devices, and developers of new technologies, accounting for at least 90% of the global market. Data were obtained from the direct contribution of primary sources, including company executives, managers, engineers and other technical personnel representing manufacturers, developers, and users of thick film devices and related technologies; representatives of academia and trade associations; and industry market analysts.
Additional data for each company were obtained by thoroughly analyzing Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, websites, annual reports, industry directories, industry magazines and catalogs, government sources, and other public sources.
Secondary sources of information include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Filings.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- European Patent Office.
- Company websites.
- Company annual reports.
- Thomas Register.
- Moody’s Directory.
- S & P Industry Survey.
- Dun & Bradstreet Business Directory.
- Foreign Chamber of Commerce Directories.
- Foreign Stock Exchange Listings.
- American Ceramic Society Publications.
- American Chemical Society Publications.
In addition to utilizing the above primary and secondary sources, market growth trends and forecasts were compiled by gaining additional insights from relevant financial and market information, relevant Our Research reports, and the author’s own in-depth and comprehensive analysis of the collected information.
Browse our full report with Table of Contents : https://www.bharatbook.com/materials-chemicals-market-research-reports-651032/thick-film-devices-processes-applications.html
About Bharat Book Bureau:
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information provider for market research reports, company profiles, industry study, country reports, business reports, newsletters and online databases. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. We cover sectors starting from Aeronautics to Zoology.
Contact us at:
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus