The business world has been evolving at a much faster rate than imagined. With modern science and technological innovation, the pace at which businesses are growing requires skilled professionals to navigate and drive their processes. Especially in IT and the cloud computing field, there has been a steady demand for technically proficient professionals who can use their knowledge in DevOpsto minimize the turnaround time and improve the productivity of the business. As the demand for professionals knowledgeable in DevOps tools grows further, so is the need for training and certifications for achieving a successful DevOps career.
What is DevOps?
DevOps can be termed as the science of software development (Dev) and operations (Ops) integration. It has many benefits for business organizations that use software for their various business processes. DevOps has helped multiple organizations across major industries like IT, Networking and Software, Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Banking, etc.
By utilizing DevOps tools, an organization can reduce their system development life cycle (SDLC), increase reliability, and ensure continuous delivery of software for their business processes. Through DevOps, businesses have successfully reduced costs and improved the workflow by effective communication at every stage of the software development. Thus the various steps in software development like product design, development, and testing are carried out in close association with the operations team who are in charge of deployment and support.
DevOps provides the same standards and quality checks as Lean and Agile while ensuring continuous delivery and automation of software. Training and certification in DevOps will make individuals interested in starting their careers in DevOps well equipped with the functions and vocabularies of DevOps. IT Professionals like Software Developers and Testers, Security Architects, and Engineers can gain a thorough understanding of the essentials of DevOps and its tools. These professionals can become the change agent for the organization they work for and help improve business efficiency.
Here are five main reasons to go for training and certification in DevOps:
- Huge Demand in the Industry: In the past few years there has been an increasing demand for technically skilled professionals due to the growth in the DevOps field. These professionals need to have knowledge of the software development cycle and tools used for automation and continuous delivery of software. Organizations across various industrial sectors are hiring DevOps professionals who are skilled in coding, testing and integrating software to produce effective results for their business.
- Gain Professional Credibility: With an increase in the application of DevOps across various industries around the world, there is an ongoing need for trained and certified professionals. Professionals knowledgeable in DevOps methodology and vocabulary have greater credibility than their non-certified counterparts. Certification validates a professional’s proficiency in order to successfully start their DevOps career.
- Improve Business Productivity: Adopting DevOps is very beneficial for organizations as it helps in improving their overall productivity. It helps an organization reduce its turnaround time and cuts costs while ensuring faster and constant delivery of software.
- Automation and Reliability: Utilizing DevOps tools make the business processes more tuned to automation and thus improves its efficiency. Automation of the organizational tasks simplifies the SDLC and decreases the chances of failure. Hence, making the processes reliable and efficient.
- Better Career-Growth Potential: A career in DevOps has many advantages including better pay and a good career trajectory for professionals. Organizations are realizing the importance of including DevOps in their business processes and are hiring proficient professionals to help them achieve success.
As more businesses embrace DevOps in their processes, the demand for trained and certified DevOps professionals is going to rise further. Opting for a certification course will not only help professionals become knowledgeable in the fundamentals of DevOps but will make them industry-ready to take up the various DevOps roles in the real world.