If an individual is looking for Singapore citizenship, a medical checkup is mandatory from ICA medical checkup clinics in Singapore.
What else! Well, read the following.
Step 1: Review Eligibility
The following categories of individuals are eligible to use for Singapore Citizenship:
- A person who is a minimum of 21 years aged and has been a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) for a minimum of 2 to six years before the date of application.
- Spouse of Singapore PR, holding the status for more than 2 years and been married for at least 2 years from the date of the application.
- A child born outside Singapore whose parent may be a Singapore citizen.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, the subsequent factors will play a crucial role within the outcome of your Singapore citizenship application:
- Track record of living in Singapore during your permanent duration period
- Your good character and law-abiding nature
- Your social and financial investment plan in Singapore
Step 2: Application and Supporting Documents Preparation
After evaluating your eligibility and concluding that you simply are qualified to use for Singapore citizenship, download the required application forms as below:
- Required Documents
- Application Form
Normally, you'll be required to organize the subsequent documents:
- Existing passport
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate; Divorce Certificate; Separation Deed
- PR card and PR certificate
- Educational certificates
- Deed Poll or Religious Certificate if you have ever changed your name
- Foreign citizenship certificate
- The employment letter from the Singapore employer
- Last 3 years income tax records
In addition to the supporting documents as needed per the citizenship application, the subsequent additional document also can be very helpful:
- It’s a good idea to incorporate a canopy letter along side the appliance that summarizes key points of your application (why you've got decided to use for Singapore citizenship, the roots you've got established in Singapore, your financial strength, and other positive factors about your application)
- If you've got purchased any properties in Singapore, include the proof in supporting documents
- If you've got significant financial assets, include their evidence
Step 3: Application Procedure
Once you've got completed the citizenship application and ready the supporting documents, you'll get to visit the ICA website and submit your application through the available options:
- Submit online via e-SC or Electronic Singapore Citizenship Application, and after that, you'll need to finalize a meeting date
- Fill in a Singapore Citizenship form and tag all the supporting documents, then attend a meeting online through ICA’s Electronic Appointment Booking System for a date. You want to follow this step to submit your application at ICA face to face.
Step 4: Application Outcome
It may take anywhere between 6 – 12 months to receive the result of your Singapore citizenship application filing.
You’ll receive a letter via regular postal mail notifying you of the appliance outcome. Unfortunately, at the present, there's no online system in situ where you'll check the status of your citizenship application.
However, you'll call the ICA office, and that they will inform you of your application status.
The common response you'll most frequently hear though, is “It is under processing“.
You’ll not tend any indication on how long it'll take and therefore the reality is that the junior staff person answering your call doesn’t know either.
A quick tip: All things considered, if you’re looking for a work permit, you will have to go through a work permit medical checkup in Singaporeat the best health clinic near me.