Most persons only care about receiving adequate medical assistance from their local GP practice and pay little or no attention to how their GP runs the practice. However, when you know how your local GP practice works, it helps you get more out of the system.
A private GP service will cater to your healthcare needs within a short while, unlike your local surgery. Private services usually have the same GPs asregular practices, but they offer better and personalised care.
Below are some things you should know about your local GP and why you may want to consider a private GP service.
- Your local GP would always offer you a short appointment time because a longer appointment only means seeing fewer persons a day which only increases the waitlist
- Local GPs focus on one health issue per appointment, and the stipulated time is rarely enough to cover more than one health concern, so you’d need to make other appointments for other health issues.
- If you arrive ten minutes later than your appointment time, you’ve missed your appointment and have to schedule another appointment
- Your doctor would know how to assist you unless you talk about your health problem, and it’s important to be clear on what you want, such as a note or referral
- Your local GP is self-employed and an independent NHS contractor
- Your doctor may not give the right diagnosis the first time
- Your doctor wants you to remain healthy and would try to achieve this, but it doesn’t cover overprescribing medications or unnecessary referrals
- Your local GP works for long hard hours
- The reception staff only do their work by assessing the patient’s health problems and directing them to the right healthcare professional
If you are residing in London and need a private GP, you can visit here today on 020 7183 2792 to schedule an appointment.