The new UK Visa Application Centre at Pasaje Martir Olaya 129, Oficina 1301, Miraflores, Lima will offer customers an expanded range of services.
- longer opening hours and more daily appointments;
- the option for digital assistance to help customers complete the online application form;
- the option for document checking services to ensure an application is complete before it is submitted;
- the option (from August) for walk-in, out of hours and large group appointments;
- and (from 30 September) all passports to remain within Peru, with the option for applicants to retain their passport while their visa is being processed.
The online visa application process will not change and the visa price and processing speed will remain the same. There will be a fee for some additional services (eg document checking service).
Commenting on the change, Consul General Dominic Williams said:“We are delighted to be opening a new Visa Application Centre. We hope that the new services offered will make the visa process simpler and encourage even more Peruvian nationals to visit the UK.”
All visa customers will submit their supporting documents and biometric data at the UK Visa Application Centre from 7 July. The Centre is co-located with the Canadian and Irish Visa Application Centres at Pasaje Martir Olaya 129, Oficina 1301, Miraflores, Lima.
Peruvian nationals wishing to travel to the UK can apply for a visa up to 3 months before they travel. The UK government aims to process 100% of non-settlement applications within 15 working days and 100% of settlement applications within 60 working days. In 2015, 95.4% of applications received from Peruvian nationals were approved.
Source: Gov.uk (Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.)