Public invited to find out more about plans to upgrade the M6 between junction 13 and 15.
The M6 is a major strategic route connecting people, communities and businesses. We are improving this busy 17m stretch of the M6 between Junction 13 at Stafford and Junction 15 near Newcastle under Lyme and Stoke on Trent by upgrading it to an ‘all lane running’ (ALR) smart motorway.
Advance works are scheduled to begin in February 2017 with work on the main scheme starting in early 2018. It will be open early in 2020.
This means there will be:
- an additional lane for traffic increasing capacity to reduce congestion.
- more technology on the road to manage incidents.
- more reliable journeys.
Members of the public, local residents and businesses are all encouraged to attend one of the four events taking place over the next two weeks where they will be able to see detailed plans of the proposals, find out more about smart motorways and ask questions of the project team.
The meetings will take place as follows:
- Friday July 8: 10am to 4pm - Holiday Inn, Newcastle Under Lyme, ST5 4DL
- Friday July 8: 6pm to 8pm - Holiday Inn, Newcastle Under Lyme, ST5 4DL
- Saturday July 9: 10am to 4pm - Holiday Inn, Newcastle Under Lyme, ST5 4DL
- Friday July 15: 10am to 4pm - Tillington Hall Hotel, Stafford, ST16 1JJ
- Friday July 15: 6pm to 8pm - Tillington Hall Hotel, Stafford, ST16 1JJ
- Saturday July 16: 10am to 4pm - Tillington Hall Hotel, Stafford, ST16 1JJ
Phone: 0300 123 5000
M6 J13 - 15 smart motorway Highways England The Cube 199 Wharfside Street Birmingham B1 1RN
For more information, visit the scheme website.
Members of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.
Source: Gov.uk (Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.)