Home Secretary Theresa May announces a 1% pay increase for police officers in England and Wales.
- a 1% increase to base pay for all ranks
- a 1% increase to the London weighting payment
- a 1% increase to the dog handlers’ allowance
- increased flexibility for South East forces to vary location-based allowances
- alignment of mileage expenses to standard HMRC rates
Home Secretary, Theresa May, said:
"Police officers up and down the country do a fantastic job with a tremendous sense of duty, fighting crime and keeping us safe and it is right they are rewarded.
"The PRRB and the SSRB brought forward affordable proposals while balancing the need to recruit and retain the very best officers. I am grateful for their work and pleased that we are able to accept their recommendations in full.
"We continue to support work being led by the College of Policing and chief constables to review police pay structures, to strengthen the link between professional development, skills and pay."
Source: Gov.uk (Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.)