The independent Advisory Committee on Business Appointments has published its annual report for 2015-16
The report shows that the Committee advised on 123 appointments of former Ministers and 110 appointments of former Crown servants during the reporting period.
The report is available at http://www.gov.uk/acoba
All appointments listed in the report have been previously published on the Committee’s website.
Notes to Editors
- Media enquiries about the work of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments should go to Maggie O’Boyle on 07880 740627.
- The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments is a non-Departmental Public Body sponsored by the Cabinet Office. Members are appointed by the Prime Minister.
- The Committee provides advice on applications from Ministers, Permanent Secretaries (and their equivalents) Directors-General (and their equivalents) for any new paid or unpaid appointment within 2 years of leaving ministerial office or Crown service. Applications from all other levels of Crown servant are handled by their employing departments.
- Advice given by the Committee on appointments taken up by former Ministers or Crown servants is published on the Committee’s website as soon as they are notified that a position has been taken up.
- More information about the work of the Committee is available on its website: http://www.gov.uk/acoba
- The current members of the Committee are Baroness (Angela) Browning (Chair), Mark Addison, Sir Alex Allan, Lord (Michael) German, Mary Jo Jacobi, Terence Jagger, Baroness (Helen) Liddell, and John Wood.
Source: Gov.uk (Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.)