COVID-19 has made us change the way we live and breathe. We are all adjusting to the new normal. As for the future of the workplace, In my opinion, there are going to be a lot of changes in the way we work with our colleagues. As for many companies, they try to practice an open-door policy where employees can talk to their managers at any time of the day, even though they’re working remotely. The main thing here is the ability to try to be always online to communicate with your team.Tracking your business online is a good way to stay on top of every setback that might happen.
Here I will offer some insights regarding how COVID-19 will impact the workplace as we know it.
- How COVID-19 will impact the future of the workplace?
The future of the workplace has already changed. It evolved in which employees can work at home. Businesses have changed that it has one central office open and employees can choose to work in an office atmosphere or at home. Employees become closer because of constant communication through instant messaging or face time applications. 9-5 shifts are being phased out because businesses give employees flexibility in the hours they work.
- Will remote work be readily available to more employees in the future?
Remote working will be the future of workplaces. Employees will be onboarded to work from home. Businesses will offer to give their employees laptops and computers to cope with these future trends.
- How will COVID-19 impact your leadership style?
Almost every business has switched to digital. Everyone wants to stay up to date on the leading trends that can help their company and their employees to transition from working home. The key point here is to communicate with the team on a constant basis, and help them focus on the tasks at hand.
- Has COVID-19 changed the desirable skills of a candidate?
COVID-19 has opened doors to choose from different candidates from all over the world. It is just up to managers to attract top talent to our businesses. Now companies should be able to choose from skillsets that are really needed for their businesses to thrive because they are not limited by location.
- This might mean the end of business travel as we know it
With the coronavirus restrictions happening all around the globe, many experts believe that business trips as we know them will drastically change. At the same time, consumer preferences are also changing in favour of social distancing measures. Events such as conferences and conventions will be a thing of the past for many businesses. With the various options that the digital era offers, such as video meetings, this could permanently decrease the volumen of bussiness man/woman travelling.
- How will COVID-19 impact team collaboration and communication?
Communication has never been easier due to the internet of things and collaboration is the main ingredient of getting things done. We just have to engage our teams more often so that we can get through what we want to be done. We need to build stronger relationships with our employees and trust them that they can do what needs to be done.
- How will coronavirus affect the inequalities between men and women within the workplace?
On a different note, there are other cons, or risks that we should avoid, in which the impact of coronavirus is far more negative, mainly in very specific collectives.
- Working mums are performing most of the daily tasks a household needs, as they are working from home. We must carefully regard this aspect, as outdated stereotypes of domestic responsibility may be affected.
- Both working mums and carers are being affected the most in terms of getting fewer hours or going into furlough. There is a clear disgregation here.
- These issues may also have a negative impact on the gender pay gap, something that many social groups have been raising for a long time now.
We do not know for sure when we will return to our “normal routines” again, but this pandemic has unrevealed how useful and necessary is to work on a remote basis. A wide range of companies has decided that their workforce will work forever from home, while others see this option as a temporal situation. Anyway, we expect that this experience has served to get better results while keeping the workforce happy and motivated.