Companion Animal Health Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2028: Grand View Research Inc.
Companion Animal Health Market Growth & Trends
The global companion animal health market size is anticipated to reach USD 37.49 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028. Growing pet adoption, rising cases of acute & chronic health conditions in pets, and availability of pet insurance are the factors responsible for the growth of this market.
Growing investments and strategic initiatives by market players to develop advanced solutions for pet care is another key contributor to the growth of the market. For instance, in February 2020, Boehringer Ingelheim received approval for Aservo Equihaler, which is its first therapy for severe equine asthma.
Furthermore, the rising adoption of pet insurance is anticipated to fuel the market growth. As per The Holland Insurance Company Pty. Ltd., 20% of GenY and 12% of baby boomer pet owners have pet insurances in Australia. The pet insurance industry is also growing steadily in countries, such as India. These factors, combined with the humanization of pets and increasing pet health concerns, are expected to increase the demand for pet health products and services.
The market was impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Market participants had to face several challenges, such as demand slowdown, supply chain disruptions, and operational hurdles, due to the changing norms and restrictions. The pandemic created working capital pressures across the commercial value chain. However, the growing attachment of pet owners to their pets during this pandemic resulted in increased spending on pet healthcare. This has positively impacted the industry development.
The market is highly competitive and companies are undertaking various business strategies to sustain the heavy competition. As per its March 2020 press release, Ceva, a French global veterinary health company, focused on its inventory planning to ensure continuous product availability during the pandemic. The pre-availability of several months of safety stocks of the company’s strategic vaccines and pharmaceutical products created an added buffer to combat any supply chain interruptions.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Companion Animal Health Market Report
Companion Animal Health Market Report Highlights
- The pharmaceuticals product segment held the largest revenue share in 2020. Ongoing advancements and research in drug formulations is the key growth-driving factor for the segment
- The diagnostics segment is expected to grow at an exponential rate owing to increasing cases of zoonotic infections, which is likely to boost the need for the establishment of diagnostic laboratories and Point-of-Care (PoC) testing
- The veterinary hospitals & clinics end-use segment accounted for the largest share in 2020
- This growth can be credited to an increasing number of hospitals and clinics and the availability of a wide range of treatments and diagnostic options for pets in these healthcare settings
- North America led the market in 2020 owing to the presence of major players and increasing prevalence of acute & chronic diseases in pets
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing regional market during the forecast period due to rising pet ownership and pet health concerns
Access Press Release@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-companion-animal-health-market
Companion Animal Health Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global companion animal health market on the basis of animal type, product, distribution channel, end-use, and region:
Companion Animal Health Animal Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
Companion Animal Health Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Feed Additives
Companion Animal Health Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Hospital Pharmacies
Companion Animal Health End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- PoC/In-house Testing
- Veterinary Hospitals & Clinics
Companion Animal Health Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Companion Animal Health Market
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Vetoquinol S.A.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
- Indian Immunologicals Ltd.
- Agrolabo S.p.A
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.