When you have metal roofs, nothing can go wrong. These roofing solutions are swiftly becoming popular all across the state of Florida. While many benefits of metal roofs add to their rise in popularity, there is one more reason that makes them necessary – hurricanes. Almost no other roofing material can survive them for long, other than metal.
Metal roofing experts in Miami FL also suggest that you go with the latest roofing designs to get maximum protection from hurricanes and similar events. Standing seam roofs are particularly popular across the state due to their ease of installation and a host of other benefits
What’s Different in Latest Metal Roofs
While metal roofs are the best deterrent you can get against raging hurricanes, they need some additional support to stay put. The latest standing seam roof designs come with external seam clamps or metal roof clamps. These clamps are made of aluminum and can be placed over metal roofing seams to clip them with the walls beneath. You can also use them to install solar panels over the roof.
Benefits of Installing Standing Seam Roofs
- Concealed Fasteners: Standing seam roof panels have concealed fasteners that attach the underlayment with the panels through fasteners or clips. You do not need any screws due to these concealed fasteners. Since seams allow some space for water to penetrate the roofing panels, the use of clamps closes any possibility of water leakage, hence making the roof more secure.
- Durability andLife Cycle: Metal roofing panels are lightweight and hence do not reduce the life of the structure of your home. They themselves can easily last for 50-70 years, or even longer, even when the hurricane winds keep hitting them at 140 miles per hour season after season.
- Color Choices: As compared to other metal roofing designs, you get more color choices for standing seam roofs. There are certain specific vendors who manufacture paints that can last for decades. Your roofing company can help you get the details of such vendors. You can even ask the company to get the job done before installation.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Standing seam roofing panels have a clean and sleek design that is by far the most modern design you can ask for today. The straight lines running to the seam with concealed fasteners further make the roof look flawless from every angle.
- Resale Value: Your house’s resale value goes up when you have a good-looking metal roof sitting on your home. The security features of these roofs coupled with their durability and elegance make the house worth more than similar houses in your neighborhood.
- Easy for Installing Solar Panels: If you have plans to install solar panels soon, you cannot buy a better roofing solution than standing seam metal roofs. The paint on the roof’s surface even helps the panels harness more energy from the sun. You can install as many solar panels as you like to meet your power needs.
- Easy to Install Themselves: While you cannot install standing roofs by yourself, an expert can install them with minimal hassle. Your entire roofing job could end as early as a couple of days! Getting the job done by them is also important to ensure that there are no gaps in between any two roofing panels, which could otherwise make your life difficult.
Cost-wise, standing seam roofing panels are more costly than a few other metal roofing designs. But the kind of clean installation you get with them is unmatched and perfectly justifies the price tag you find on them.
For more information about the different metal roofing types, contact your nearest metal roofing experts in Miami FL, and ask for a free quote today.