When it comes to keeping a detailed track record of the vendors that make up the supply chain of your company, it is essential to have a vendor master report that can provide you with all the information you need to streamline the functional efficiency of your supply chain. You can create or generate the vendor master report in SAP by following some simple steps as discussed below.
- First of all, you need to enter the transaction code FK01 within the SAP Command Field
- When working with the initial screen, choose the account group, and put in the company code for which you are looking to create a vendor.
- Now add the distinct vendor ID.
- Next add other types of vital vendor information, like the vendor’s name, the Search Term to search for the vendor ID, the Street/House Number, the Postal code/City, and the Country/Region.
- In the next step, enter the information about the Corporate Group in the Account Control section. If the Vendor is a part of some corporate group, you need to put in the group key.
- In Account Management Section, you need to enter the vendor Reconciliation Account and Cash Management Group.
- In the Payment Accounting Section, you have to check out in information about the Payment Terms.
- Finally, you have to select the “Save” option from Standard Toolbar.
Once you have made sure that you have followed these steps described above, you need to carry out vendor master cleansing so that the data that you have in front of yourself is totally reliable. These are the steps that can help you to perform vendor master cleansing.
- Inspect the current data presented in your vendor master file
- Perform data cleansing by consolidating the duplicate vendors and removing common errors like different vendors having the same vendor number or one vendor recorded as having multiple vendor numbers
- Verify all the requisite vendor information presented in the database
- Reassess and maintain the types of vendor data that you need
Essential Elements of a Quality Management System
Along with a vendor management system, it is also necessary that you maintain a proper Quality Management System so that you can make the most of your vendor solutions. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow while working with a Quality Management System.
- The first step that you need to take is to decide on the quality objectives or the main QMS standards. This can help you to come up with strategic goals for better functioning of the QMS.
- You will also have to create a QMS quality manual. This is the manual that clearly describes the QMS framework.
- Helps in reach compliance services.
- The QMS should also clearly describe the structure of the organization and the responsibilities that must be performed by the people working for it.
The other thing that you have to focus on while having a fully functional QMS is data management. When you have accurate and reliable data, you can enhance the efficacy of the Quality Management System to a great extent.