On September 14, 2015 - The Norfolk Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), in partnership with the Newport News Police Department, the Norfolk Chapter of the FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association, and the Newport News Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association, is sponsoring a community outreach event entitled Bridging the Gap, on Tuesday, September 15, 2015, at the Mariners’ Museum at 100 Museum Drive in Newport News, Virginia, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
The event will include a panel discussion including:
1. Special Agent in Charge John Adams, Norfolk FBI
2. Chief Richard Myers, Newport News Police
3. U.S. Attorney Dana Boente, Eastern District of Virginia
4. Howard E. Gwynn, Newport News Commonwealth’s Attorney
5. Gabriel Morgan, Newport News Sheriff
6. Pastor Willard Maxwell, New Beech Grove Baptist Church
7. Chuck Harrison, Director of Missions, Peninsula Baptist Association
8. Rev. Dr. Kevin G. Swann, Senior Pastor, Ivy Baptist Church
9. Dr. Ahmed K. Noor, Eminent Scholar and William E. Lobeck Professor Emeritus at Old Dominion University
This dialogue is part of law enforcement’s broader efforts to build trust and improve understanding in the communities we serve through an open conversation regarding misperceptions that exist about cultures and law enforcement.
The event is free and open to the public; for more information, including a detailed event flyer, please visit http://bridgegaps.eventbrite.com.
Community Outreach Specialist Vanessa Torres
This content has been reproduced from its original source.