Voip-Pal.com, Inc. Provides a Status Update on Apple, Amazon, Twitter, AT&T and Verizon Lawsuits, and on its Current Patent Portfolio
The Company continues to pursue activities aimed at monetization of its patents
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Voip-Pal.com Inc. (“Voip-Pal”, “Company”) (OTCQB:VPLM) is pleased to provide an update on its recent activities and its international patent portfolio:
- Voip-Pal’s Lawsuits vs. Apple. Voip-Pal’s first lawsuit against Apple, asserting U.S. Patent Nos. 8,542,815 and 9,179,005, remains subject to a stay, however, Voip-Pal has requested a conference with the presiding judge regarding the parties’ request to lift the stay. The Company hopes to have the stay lifted shortly. Voip-Pal also recently filed a second lawsuit against Apple, and has served process in this lawsuit asserting U.S. Patent Nos. 9,537,762, 9,813,330, 9,826,002 and 9,948,549. Apple has not responded yet to Voip-Pal’s latest complaint thus this case remains pending.
- Voip-Pal’s Lawsuits vs. Verizon, AT&T, Twitter. The patent infringement lawsuits against Twitter, Verizon, and AT&T, asserting U.S. Patent Nos. 8,542,815 and 9,179,005, continue to move into the discovery phase, with scheduling orders having been entered in each of those cases.
- Voip-Pal’s Lawsuit vs. Amazon. A lawsuit against Amazon asserting U.S. Patent Nos. 9,537,762, 9,813,330, 9,826,002 and 9,948,549, has been filed but not yet served.
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board. In November 2017, Voip-Pal received Final Written Decisions in two IPRs filed by Apple, in which the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) rejected Apple’s arguments and upheld the validity of Voip-Pal’s patents. Subsequent to Voip-Pal’s victory, Apple filed a post-judgment challenge with the PTAB, which has not yet been decided. The Company inquired about the status of the matter and was informed by the PTAB that their decision will issue in due course. The PTAB did not set a date for its decision.
- U.S. Patent Portfolio. Voip-Pal’s U.S. patent portfolio has grown from five core patents to twenty issued patents or allowed applications, as well as several pending patent applications in various stages of examination at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The most recent addition to the U.S. patent portfolio is U.S. Patent No. 9,998,363, issued June 12, 2018, which relates to allocating charges for communications services.
- Foreign Patents. The Company also owns issued patents and/or pending patent applications in Canada, Europe, India, Indonesia, as well as Brazil. On May 30, 2018, the Company was granted European Patent No. 2,084,868 for its communications/routing technologies.
Voip-Pal, CEO, Emil Malak stated, “We are currently doing everything we can to move swiftly to monetize our patents. While the legal process is often slow, our patents have successfully endured eight Inter Partes Review (IPR) challenges. Meanwhile, the meter continues to run on those currently using our patented technology. We are committed to staying the course until a settlement or a judgment is obtained.”
Voip-Pal has previously stated that its patents have more than nine years term remaining, during which time others cannot lawfully use the Company’s patented technologies without a license.
About Voip-Pal.com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com, Inc. (“Voip-Pal”) is a publicly traded corporation (OTCQB:VPLM) headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. The Company owns a portfolio of patents relating to Voice-over-Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) technology that it is currently looking to monetize.
Any forecast of future financial performance is a "forward looking statement" under securities laws. Such statements are included to allow potential investors the opportunity to understand management’s beliefs and opinions with respect to the future so that they may use such beliefs and opinions as one factor among many in evaluating an investment.
Corporate Website: www.voip-pal.com
IR inquiries: IR@voip-pal.com
IR Contact: Rich Inza (954) 495-4600
© 2018 GlobeNewswire, Inc. All Rights Reserved.