MONTREAL, June 21, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - National Bank is proud to announce that its SME clients can now use National Bank Easy Pay ("Easy Pay"), a mobile point-of
-sale solution powered by Montreal fintech Mobeewave. By collaborating with its long-standing partner, Global Payments, the Bank is the first Canadian financial institution to offer this innovative solution to its SME clients.
With Easy Pay, merchants can accept payments in person using a compatible smartphone - no peripherals required. After registering for the Easy Pay solution, they simply download the Easy Pay app in order to accept payments from customers using an eligible contactless credit card or via the customer's digital wallet.
- National Bank Easy Pay gives small and medium-sized businesses a quick, practical and secure way to accept payments. Customers can choose to receive receipts via email.
- Easy Pay won the "Most innovative product/feature Award" of Barlow Research's 2018 Monarch Innovation Awards.
- The solution can be downloaded to a merchant's Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, Galaxy S8 and S8+, and Galaxy Note8 to enable acceptance of Mastercard and Visa contactless credit cards. Additionally, the solution can be used to accept payment from various mobile wallets including Samsung Pay, Google Pay and Apple Pay.
- Security and confidentiality are at the core of Mobeewave's technology. National Bank Easy Pay uses near-field communication (NFC) technology which encrypts and secures personal user information. No sensitive information is saved on the merchant's device.
- With Easy Pay, the Bank continues to enhance its payment solutions offerings. The Easy Pay solution complements the recent launches of Interac e-Transfer for businesses, a new contactless debit card and the Apple Pay and Google Pay digital wallet services.
For more information: https://www.nbc.ca/business
"We're very proud to be the first Canadian financial institution to offer this convenient, quick and secure mobile point-of-sale solution to Canadian SME owners. By collaborating with Montreal fintech Mobeewave and our long-standing partner Global Payments, we're able to quickly roll out this innovative project for our clients", said Lionel Pimpin, Senior Vice-President, Digital Channels, at National Bank.
"We're very pleased about our recent partnership with National Bank. From the get-go, it's been clear that the Bank understands our business environment, which makes it easy for us to collaborate. They have a genuine desire to innovate and partner up with fintechs to integrate new services", stated Benjamin du Haÿs, CEO and co-founder of Mobeewave.
About National Bank of Canada
With $256 billion in assets as at April 30, 2018, National Bank of Canada, together with its subsidiaries, forms one of Canada's leading integrated financial groups. It has more than 22,000 employees in knowledge-intensive positions and has been recognized numerous times as a top employer and for its commitment to diversity. Its securities are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: NA). Follow the Bank's activities atnbc.ca or via social media such as Facebook,LinkedIn and Twitter.
In an increasingly cashless world, Mobeewave enables people to accept money in person using just their phones. Since its creation in 2012, the Fintech startup has been a pioneering force in the mobile payment space and has created a patented solution to allow anyone to easily and securely accept payment. Mobeewave, an award-winning company, is now growing rapidly with key deployments in a number of markets around the world. Visit www.mobeewave.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Global Payments
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 10,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with customers and partners in 30 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil. For more information about Global Payments, our Service. Driven. Commerce brand and our technologies, please visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com.
SOURCE National Bank of Canada