The Tourmaline is the name of the gorgeous gem that comes in a variety of colours from deep blues to lighter greens, and lighter greens to lighter pinks. This stone is famously used as pendants in Australia which are a bit more robust. Its hardness ranges between 7-7.5 on the Mohs scale, which is equivalent to another stone named citrine. The tourmaline Australia stone is famous for its shine and spectrum of shades, but along with that, there are some interesting facts too. Read below
Interesting facts about tourmaline
- The name tourmaline has been derived from a Sri-Lankan word ‘Tourmaline’ which means ‘Precious mixed-colour gem’
- The stone is pleochroismistic, that showcases different colours from different angles. The single gemstone appears completely different and even showcases a separate set of hues.
- There are three different species of this gemstone which are schorl, dravite, and elbaite.
- Tourmalines are electrically polarized, and actually contain electric fields that both attract and repel hot ashes. Interestingly, what today is a gemstone was used to clean dust out of pipes earlier.
- People during medieval times used tourmaline to heal both physical and emotional ailments. They used it to treat their nervous system and all the blood-related diseases.
- The presence of copper in the stones makes it more vivid, a bright turquoise colour which raises the value at $5000 per carat
- There is one other variety of tourmaline that exhibits a special reflection of light which portrays the eye of the cat. This unique characteristic of the gemstones makes it a‘Cat’s eye tourmaline’.
- This stone is also available in black colour which is called‘Black Tourmaline’ which are also called healers. This powerful protective stone heals all the levels of pain like physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- The dravite species of tourmaline have been named after Drave district of Carinthia, which was its birthplace, while the elbaite species is named after an Island in Elba, Italy
- As mentioned above this gemstone comes in a different spectrum of colours and combinations, but the unique one is Watermaline tourmaline. This combination makes the gemstone look beautiful, as it displays an outer green layer and fruity pinkish-red centre like a watermelon.
- The natural wonder stone named‘The Great Divide’ is the most expensive Tourmaline ever discovered which is worth a jaw-dropping $1.2 million.
- The stone with the highest positive energy in Black tourmaline. It is considered to be the most positive because it encourages the most optimistic outlook and brings good luck and happiness. It also has certain benefits. This black stone is named after an Arabian goddess‘Honor manat’ who is also known as the goddess of fate and time.
These are some of the interesting Tourmaline gemstone facts that encourage the person to buy it. You can use it in your showcase as it is available in different colours and shapes. This stone belongs to the Australian stone jewellery, and it has some benefits as well, so before purchasing look for it:-
The benefits of purchasing a Tourmaline stone
- This stone protects from all kinds of negative energies including depression and anxiety.
- These stones shield from harmful electronic radiation from TVs, computers, and mobile phones by emitting current.
- It strengthens immunity and promotes detoxification.
- It increases alertness and helps in circulation
- It boosts self-confidence
- It balances and clears chakras and aura.
- The ground energies of this stone are associated with the root chakra
Thus, these are some of the interesting benefits and facts about tourmaline stones. You may find it beneficial to have it at your place. So, do you want something in Australian stone jewellery or a pendant necklace from Australia then get in touch withearth-inspired creations. com to shine and fulfil your desire to shine.