There has been a lot of research regarding the use of oils and oil-based cleansers to clean oily skin. However, there were no strong results that could be used to popularize this trend. Recently, however, there were some positive results due to which many are now using an oil-based cleanser to leave the skin cleaner and effectively more moisturized as compared to the soap-based cleanser that we are accustomed to. These oily cleansers are well worthy of both your money and time and you will be really thankful after using these products.
Why oil-based cleansers?
- It was found that oil is able to attract oil and hence, clean the skin better.
- The use of oil-based cleansers can help your skin fight against whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and clogged pores.
- Due to the use of oil-based cleansers, excess sebum flow can also be controlled effectively.
- The use of soap-based cleansers on your skin can lead to extreme dryness and this might prompt the flow of sebum, more than the quantity required.
However, soap-based cleansers can not be boycotted so easily. They need to be used after the oil cleansing process has been completed. This is called the double cleansing method and helps to clear the skin of any remaining impurities.
There are a number of options of oils that can be used by you to make your own oil cleanser at home. You need to choose the correct type of oil to facilitate a better cleaning process. Astringent oils can lead to drying of the skin and hence, should be used in lower proportions. The base oil of any oil cleanser is usually a nourishing oil and they leave your skin feeling younger and bouncy.
Here is a list of all the nourishing oils that can be used as the base oil for a cleanser:
- Tamanu Oil
- Shea Nut Oil
- Seabuckthorn Oil
- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Pomegranate Seed Oil
- Borage Seed Oil
- Argan Oil
Rosehip Oil has a number of benefits that have been listed below:
- Has effective participation in exfoliating the skin and providing moisture to the same.
- Brightens the skin and leaves it more hydrated.
- Reduces inflammation and also boosts the production of collagen
- Also reduces hyperpigmentation and protects the skin from the harm caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight
- The oil also helps in lightening fine lines and scars
We hope that this article was helpful and you came to know more about the trend of using oil-based cleansers to clean your skin more efficiently and leaving it cleaner and moisturized. There are a number of other articles that list the advantages of this method which can be viewed on the Internet as well.