CompatTelRunner.exe is one of the components in the Microsoft services. This is that part of the services which is downright responsible to test the software’s compatibility. It also allows the Windows OS as well as the programs to conduct searches and download updates. But, there is always a chance that this service might end up eating up a larger portion of your disk space and the network speed. So here are some ways through which you can fix the CompatTelRunner.exe high disk problem along with the network usage. To try to fix the CompatTelRunner.exe, the process can be somewhat delicate and sensitive. You must follow the instructions step by step to fix the error within the system.
This error can be simply prevented by disabling it in the Task Scheduler. Many users have reported that after disabling, the computer’s speed was enhanced, and also, it fixed the network issues, high CPU as well as disk management problems.
You can disable it using these steps:
● To open the run command, press Windows + R
● In the appeared dialogue box, you need to type taskschd.msc and then press enter.
● You may expand the Task scheduler library > Microsoft > windows (on the left side of the window)
● Search for the application experience and select it
● Then you need to right-click on the Microsoft compatibility appraiser and further, select the disable option.
● Finally, you need to restart your computer
Remove the CompatTelRunner like the Administrator
If you do not feel the requirement of this for compatibility, you can simply opt for removing the process with the authority of the administrator. For the CompatTelrunner high disk, deleting the service is not a risky task, but is lengthy for sure. To delete, you have to the following instructions:
● Log in as an administrator and press the Windows + R for launching the run command
● Then you need to type C:\Windows\System32 in the appeared dialogue box and press enter
● Look for a folder ‘exe’, choose properties by right-clicking on the same
● Look for the security tab and then choose the advanced button
● Next, you need to look for the owner tab and click on the edit
● Now, you need to choose the administrators as the owners, click on apply and then on Ok to save the changes
● You’ll have to close all the properties window and then select OK to move forward
● Again, select the ‘exe’ folder to select the properties
● Look for the security tab to choose the advanced button
● After clicking on the Permissions tab, choose your account from the list and further click on OK
● You need to select your user account and then check the box to full control
● Finally, select OK to finalize these changes and gain full control
Disabling the Microsoft compatibility telemetry
This is a windows service that sends the data to Microsoft periodically, which is related to the working of the devices as well as the related software. But, there might be chances that there is CompatTelrunner high CPU usage which adversely affects the speed of your computer. If you fix it, you will be able to resolve many of the high disk usage issues.
You can make use of the registry editor for the error fixing
If none of the above-stated solutions work for the CompatTelrunner high CPU, you can opt for the method of the registry editor. This way, you can fix this error.
Wondering how? You have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
● To run the application, you need to press Windows + R
● In the appeared dialogue box, you need to type Regedit and then ‘OK’ for proceeding
● On being asked for permission, you need to select ‘OK’
● Then, you need to go for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > policies > microsoft > windows > data collection
● Next, you need to right-click on the data collection and finally select new > DWORD value of 32 bites
● Afterward, name the new value of the allow telemetry and then select the allow telemetry option.
● At last, you should select the value data to zero and press ‘OK’
● After all this, you need to restart your computer.
CompatTelRunner is a windows service that is harmless in nature. It is known to be responsible for the scans, downloads as well as the assessment of the updates that are related to the Windows operating system and its programs, as well. The CompatTelRunner high CPU can be used to make the analysis of the program compatible.
However, there is no major threat to any kind of data be it general or sensitive in nature. But, it needs to be fixed so that there is no kind of damage to your computer in the future. Any of the above-stated solutions can be used to fix the CompatTelRunner high CPU usage error on the PC with much ease. If you don’t want to fix but Disable CompatTelRunner exe, then check this link out.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for reading!