Several people resort to teeth whitening procedures to obtain a brighter smile - whether in the comfort of their house or in the office of a professional. In as much as the procedure itself is essential to achieve the bright smile you desire, the things you engage in afterwards are equally crucial to maintain the whiteness of your teeth.
In this article, we will be revealing professional guidelines that will help you to observe better post-whitening treatment care for your teeth.
What foods should you avoid after teeth whitening procedures?
Having a teeth whitening treatment will cost you some cash, so you should ensure the amazing outcomes last for a long period. The first 48 hours following the procedure is important. This is why you would have to be more conscious of your food consumption as there are some particular foods to avoid after teeth whitening. Avoid consuming them during this period.
They comprise but are not restricted to the following:
- Acidic food: citrus fruits like lemons, oranges etc., should be avoided. This is because sour or citric substances can affect your enamel.
- Fruit juice
- Dark-coloured sauces: Avoid barbecue sauce, soy sauce, red pasta sauce etc.
- Dark chocolate: since it contains caffeine, it has the tendency to discolour teeth.
- Tea and coffee: beverages like these can instantly stain the teeth.
If for certain reasons you insist on drinking soda or coffee or other dark-coloured drinks, make sure you use a straw rather than directly sipping from your mug. This will help to prevent the liquid from coming in contact with your pearly whites.
So what can you eat after this dental procedure?
- Non-acidic fruits
- Colourless beverages
- White meat
- White-coloured vegetables
Post-teeth whitening care: practice ideal oral hygiene
When we were younger, we were taught the essentials of caring for the teeth. After whitening your teeth, it's equally crucial that you practice them to ensure your brilliant smile lasts long.
Endeavour to observe the following practices as frequently as possible if you want to achieve outstanding oral results:
- Be sure to use an antiseptic mouthwash to rinse your mouth at least once in a day. This will also assist in killing the kinds of bacteria that allow plaque to build up.
- Flossing at least once every day will help eliminate any plaque that accumulates over time.
- Brush your teeth a minimum of twice daily.
- You may want to use a whitening toothpaste a minimum of once or twice every week. This will provide a form of basic touch-up, making it easier to clean any surface stains that have accumulated over time, in addition to preventing discolouration.
- Use regular toothpaste for the remaining time that you brush your teeth.
Is teeth whitening permanent?
Although the shine and whiteness usually remain for a particular time duration as long as even months, teeth whitening is however not permanent. Beverages and foods that cause discolouration can make the whiteness fade away gradually over time. Coffee, chocolate, tobacco products, soy sauce and tea, are all examples of such foods.
Schedule routine visitations with your dentist
No doubts, one of the best methods to observe adequate post-teeth whitening care is to book a regular teeth check-up with your dental care provider.
Visiting a dentist is not something anyone should be afraid of or embarrassed about. In fact, it is necessary to ensure that the radiant white smile you have achieved remains intact for a long duration.
Would you like to schedule your subsequent appointment? Don't hesitate to visit at london-teeth-whitening.co.uk to book a dentist appointment for teeth whitening treatment with an affordable provider near you.