The global point of purchase packaging market size is estimated to reach USD 16.2 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing organized retail market in emerging economies is driving the Industry. Growing adoption of point of purchase packaging in organized retail stores, including Walmart, D-mart, and Tesco, is observed owing to implementation of structured marketing strategies at these stores.
The presence of multiple marketing channels such as television, digital, and newspaper advertisement as well as billboards are available. However, advertising does not convert a potential customer into a buyer instantly. Moreover, it incurs a hefty share of the marketing budget. On account of the aforementioned factors, marketers and retail owners are always in search of cost-effective marketing tools.
Small brands or small convenience store owners adopt point of purchase displays as the cost of these displays is much lower in comparison with traditional advertising model. In addition, POP display delivers marketing messages precisely with the product available in an attached POP packaging, when the consumer is engaged in the buying process. Point of purchase packaging also helps retail owners clear old stocks as these displays receive constant attention from customers.
Based on end use, the market is segmented into hypermarket, supermarket, specialty stores, departmental stores, and convenience stores. Hypermarket is a large size, self-service retail store, which combines the products that are sold in departmental stores and supermarkets. Fundamentally, it is a large-size retail facility including full lines of groceries and general merchandise.
A supermarket is a large-size, self-service retail store offering a wide variety of food and household merchandise that is organized into departments. It is larger than specialty and convenience stores and smaller than hypermarket. In the retail market, nearly 70% of buying decisions are made in the store. This indicates that the store environment majorly affects the buying process. As a result, brand and store owners focus extensively on product display.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In terms of revenue, the pallet display product segment is estimated to reach USD 4.4 billion by 2025 in the overall market for point of purchase packaging, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2019 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, the convenience store end-use segment is expected to experience the highest growth rate over the forecast period, owing to low costs and increasing adoption of point of purchase packaging solutions
- The paper material segment is anticipated to exceed USD 9.9 billion by 2025, owing to increasing consumption of paper-based materials like paperboard in retail stores, globally
- Some of the key companies present in the point of purchase packaging market are International Paper, Menasha Packaging Company, LLC, Smurfit Kappa Display, DS Smith, Sonoco Products Company, and Georgia-Pacific LLC
- The Industry participants compete principally on the basis of product differentiation and services offered. While the small and medium-sized players have deployed competitive pricing and local availability as their key strategies, the large-sized players have capitalized on their global presence as well as have their complete control over the supply chain
- The key factors that separate major global players from the remaining competition include R&D capabilities, global presence, established brand reputation, and acquisitions of smaller enterprises.
Grand View Research has segmented the global point of purchase packaging market on the basis of product, material, end use, application, and region:
Point of Purchase Packaging Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Counter display
- Floor display
- Gravity free display
- Pallet display
- Side kick display
- Dump bin displays
- Clip Strip Displays
Point of Purchase Packaging Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
Point of Purchase Packaging End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Departmental stores
- Specialty stores
- Convenience Store
Point of Purchase Packaging Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Food & Beverages
- Personal care
Point of Purchase Packaging Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.