The global cleaning robot market size is expected to reach USD 6.2 billion by 2025, registering a revenue-based CAGR of 14.6% from 2019 to 2025, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising penetration of technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Virtual Reality (VR) is a major factor driving the market growth. In addition, the higher costs of mopping labors in emerging countries is boosting the demand for robotic vacuums. Proliferation of robotics technology for mopping purpose and technological advancements such as gesture controlled and voice based technology are likely to drive the market growth.
Vacuum robots have gained a wide reception in the past few years as consumers exhibit a constant demand for smart gadgets over traditional devices. Continuous improvement in software and hardware technology has enabled the industry to reveal enhanced robotic appliances for household mopping purposes. Pricing is another aspect for consumers to have a high preference for robotic vacuums since there are multiple variants available within reasonable price range. Also, the lack of manpower for household mopping purpose is driving the demand for robotic vacuums. Therefore, this trend is anticipated to boost the demand for automated and manual vacuums.
Recent innovations in the robotic cleaning technology such as voice command, Bluetooth tethering and VR features are driving the market. For instance, RX-V100 comes with a speech recognition AI engine that helps the end users to communicate with the device. It works in automatic mode and possesses a set of built-in messages. Bosch Roxxter is another example of AI enabled robotic vacuum that uses AI to draw collaborative maps of surroundings. Furthermore, the manufacturers are emphasizing on establishing partnerships with developers of virtual assistant systems for enhancing the performance of vacuum machines. For instance, ECOVACS has established a partnership with Amazon.com through which ECOVACS will make its Ecovacs DEEBOT N79S compatible with Amazon Alexa.
The Europe region is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period owing to the increasing adoption of robotic vacuums in various industries and sectors such as automotive, logistics and transportation, healthcare, and retail. The growing popularity of Robot as a Service (RaaS) through which companies such as Avidbots offer rental services for providing mopping solutions bodes well for the growth of the region. For instance, Avidbots offer rental services on hourly basis for commercial premises.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The floor cleaning robots segment is expected to exhibit high CAGR over the forecast period owing to increasing adoption in mopping residential and commercial buildings
- Growing labor charges for household mopping and consumer inclination towards automation in home appliances is expected to drive the growth of the in-house segment
- The automatic charging segment is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period due to the increasing adoption of robotic vacuums for scheduled cleaning in residential applications
- The adoption of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology in autonomous vacuums has enhanced the performance of autonomous machines that bode well for the growth of self-drive robots
- The commercial segment is anticipated to grow significantly over the forecast period owing to increasing adoption in commercial buildings such as shopping malls, movie theatres, and hotels
- The key players operating in the market include Ecovacs Robotics, Inc.; ILIFE Robotics Technology; iRobot Corporation; LG Electronics; Maytronics; Milagrow Business and Knowledge Solutions (Pvt.) Limited; Neato Robotics, Inc.; Nilfisk Group; Pentair plc; and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cleaning robot market based on type, product, charging type, operation mode, distribution channel, end use, and region.
Cleaning Robot Type Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Floor-cleaning Robot
- Pool-cleaning Robot
- Window-cleaning Robot
- Lawn-cleaning Robot
Cleaning Robot Product Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
Cleaning Robot Charging Type Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Automatic Charging
- Manual Charging
Cleaning Robot Operation Mode Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Remote Control
Cleaning Robot Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
Cleaning Robot End-use Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
Cleaning Robot Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.